DAYTON REGIONAL STEM SCHOOL
The following Qualities are taught, practiced and assessed at the Dayton Regional STEM School. They are important for students' development and success at this school, in their higher education and work efforts, and in life!
- PERSISTENCE - Students will exhibit persistence, sustaining a problem-solving process over time while remaining focused and producing multiple drafts, much as a skilled artisan, to achieve success.
- INQUIRY - Students will be inquisitive thinkers, not only asking questions, but acting upon those questions in an effort to discover the answers, accepting confusion, uncertainty and the risk of failure as part of the process.
- COMMUNICATION - Students will communicate their ideas clearly and have the ability to reflectively consider others' ideas, even when those ideas may differ from their own.
- CREATIVITY - Students will be creative thinkers, approaching new and perplexing problems with positive energy, uniqueness and originality of thought, drawing from their own personal experiences and prior knowledge.
- COLLABORATION - Students will work independently and as contributing members of a team, accepting and reacting to improve oneself based on feedback and criticism, and demonstrating compassion and honesty in all interactions with others.
Ratings and Reviews
This school is a conglomerate of great teachers all coming together to teach students about subjects they are passionate about in interesting and useful ways.
Wonderful school! Very good concept, and students learn much better in this type of environment!
With small class sizes and great teacher attitudes the Dayton Regional STEM School gives students a great opportunity for success.
The teachers are the best I've ever had. They are all highly involved and passionate about what they're teaching.
I enjoyed my latter three years in high school spent at DRSS. With the small and concentrated senior class, every student was well-acquainted or friends with the others, and the teachers were beyond quality mentors and even family to the students.